Monday, June 14, 2010

Baking! Blueberry Pie and Focaccia Bread

My sweet little niece heads off to sleep away camp today. This will be her second year at Camp Mac, and she loves it! Trey and I wanted to spend some quality time with her. So, why not bake a blueberry pie from scratch? Because they seem to go hand-in-hand we all made some tie dye t-shirts, too. On Sunday, I made some Focaccia bread that was to die for...so here's the recipe!

Ella Grace - 9 years old and so stinking cute!
our pie!
egg whites to make it shine
our pie crust wasn't very pretty...but we did it ourselves

He is pretty stinking cute, too!
Focaccia




Add to your bread machine:
  1. Warm Water - 1 cup
  2. Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
  3. Sugar 2 tsp (I use can sugar or sugar in the raw
  4. Salt 1 tsp (I use Kosher sea salt)
  5. Bread Flour - 3 cups
  6. Active Dry Yeast 1 & 1/2 tsp
  7. After it has kneaded for a bit, add 1 tbs of dried italian seasoning of any kind.
  8. Let it do its thing on a dough cycle...once done, spread the dough on a greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
  9. In a skillet combine 1/4 cup of olive oil, dried oregano and garlic to taste. I love garlic so I won't even tell you how much I used! After the dough has risen for 30 minutes, drizzle your skillet ingredients on the dough. Add rosemary and grated parmesan cheese.
  10. Bake on 400℉ for 20 minutes.
By the way, if you have an iPhone, you have to get the Hipstamatic camera app to play with. It makes your pictures look so cool!

No comments: